Non-Immigrant Visa Interview Program at the U.S. Consular Agency in Honiara, Solomon Islands for Visitor/Tourism/Transit Visas
The U.S. Embassy in Port Moresby is happy to be able to offer periodic visa interviews at the U.S. Consular Agency in Honiara, Solomon Islands. Please note that visa approval is not automatic and all applicants must demonstrate that they meet the requirements for their visa class. Some visas cases may require additional administrative processing.
How Do I Apply?
After the next visa interview dates are announced, complete the online non-immigrant visa application, form DS-160. The application is located at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/. You will still choose “Papua New Guinea, Port Moresby” as your location. Once complete, print the confirmation page. The DS-160 confirmation page will have a barcode number that is need to process your application.
Make an appointment for a visa interview. You can only schedule an appointment after you have completed a DS-160 application. Schedule your appointment by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your e-mail, please include the following:
- E-mail Subject Line: “Honiara Interview Request for (Last Name, First Name)”
- Attachment: Scan of Passport Bio data page
- Attachment: Scan of DS-160 Confirmation page
We will reply to your email to confirm the date and time of your visa interview at the Consular Agency in Honiara.
Attend the interview. All applicants must present the following documents at their interview:
- Passport. Your passport must be valid with at least 6 months remaining until it expires. There must be at least one empty page within the passport where the visa can be placed, if approved.
- Application Form confirmation. This is DS-160 confirmation page with barcode described above.
- One color photograph. The photograph must meet the following specifications:
- 5 cm x 5 cm (2” by 2”)
- white background
- the head must be centered with forehead and ears fully visible
- Supporting Documentation. Supporting documentation will differ from person to person, but supporting documents might include the following: a description of the purpose of your visit to the United States, information about your current employment, evidence of how you will finance your trip, information about your properties and your family.
- Visa Application Fee Payment: Please submit a bank draft for USD 160.00 at the U.S. Consular Agency on the day of your interview. The application fee is non-refundable, even if the visa is not approved. This must be in the form of a Bank Draft or Bank Check. Cash is NOT acceptable. You should go to the bank where you have an account or pass book to request this. The bank draft or bank check should be made payable to the “US Embassy Port Moresby.