The U.S. Mission in Port Moresby is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of a Laborer in the Facilities Section.
Salary: PGK22, 849
Working alone or as part of a team, performs unskilled manual labor task as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor and the Facility Manager.
Various Manual Labor Tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Moving furniture and other light to heavy objects.
- Removing refuse and debris from grounds and working areas.
- Assisting trades people by carrying, holding and lifting tools and materials.
- May be detailed to work in any section of the Embassy or Residences that has need for labor assistance.
Applicants must address each required criterion listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item in a separate document. Failure to do so may result in an applicant’s been deemed ineligible for this position.
- Completion of Elementary School
- Prior labor experience is required
- Good working oral and written communication skills in Pidgin and English
- Demonstrated working knowledge of occupational health and safety.
- Must be capable of performing arduous physical work.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae and an Expression of Interest letter (EOI)
- All documents addressing the selection criteria with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item
NOTE: You must explain how you meet all of the requirements of the vacant position. Only those candidates providing specific and comprehensive information supporting each of the essential qualifications required on this vacancy announcement will be considered for the position.
Please forward a detailed resume with full supporting documentation clearly demonstrating your ability to meet the minimum requirements, and a reliable telephone/email contact to the following address:
Embassy of the United States of America
P.O. Box 1492. Port Moresby. NCD. PNG.
Attn: Human Resources Assistant.
Applications close at 4:30pm, July 19, 2017.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY