The U.S. Mission in Port Moresby is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of a Janitor in the Facilities Section.
The incumbent of this position performs janitorial and housekeeping tasks at the Embassy and occasionally assists in the maintenance and repair of U.S. Embassy properties. This position demands a high level of health/hygiene, maturity and the ability to initiate and complete projects with minimal supervision. Working alone or as part of a team, performs janitorial and housekeeping tasks as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor and the Facility Manager.
Applicants must address each required criterion listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item in a separate document.
- Completion of high school
- Prior janitorial work experience
- Good working oral and written communication skills in Pidgin and English
- Demonstrated working knowledge of cleaning materials and basic cleaning techniques
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae and an Expression of Interest letter (EOI)
- All documents addressing the selection criteria with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item
NOTE: You must explain how you meet all of the requirements of the vacant position. Only those candidates providing specific and comprehensive information supporting each of the essential qualifications required on this vacancy announcement will be considered for the position.
Please forward a detailed resume with full supporting documentation clearly demonstrating your ability to meet the minimum requirements, and a reliable telephone/email contact to the following address:
Embassy of the United States of America
P.O. Box 1492. Port Moresby. NCD. PNG.
Attn: Human Resources Assistant.
Applications close at 4:30pm, July 20, 2017.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY