Location: Solomon Islands in general, but these areas in particular:
- Fateleka (north Malaita)
- Malu (north Malaita)
- Gizo (Western province)
- West Honiara
- Central Guadalcanal – Hells Point
Event: National Elections will be held in the Solomon Islands on Wednesday, April 3rd, and there will be 1040 polling booths throughout the country. It will take between 3 days to 2 weeks to declare the winners in each constituency. Violence between the various political parties has been known to break out on both Election Day, and during the vote counting period afterwards.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas of possible protest.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Use caution when walking or driving at night.
- Review your personal security plans.
U.S. Consular Agency, Honiara, Solomon Islands
Phone number: +677-23426
After Hours for American Citizens: +677-749-4731
Email address: email@example.com
U.S. Embassy Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Phone number: +675-321-1455
After Hours for American Citizens: +675-7200-9439
Email address: ConsularPortMoresby@state.gov
Embassy website: https://pg.usembassy.gov/
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444