The Embassy has received reports of civil unrest and violence related to the general election cycle occurring throughout Port Moresby, including but not limited to Gordon, Erima, Manu, Waigani, 5 and 6 Mile, Koki, Badili, and much of the North/East of the city.
The Embassy has restricted all movement of U.S. government personnel in Port Moresby until further notice.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the aforementioned areas.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.