About the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs
The Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE), is a U.S. Department of State program supporting women entrepreneurs around the world. The Academy, in support of the White House-led Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative, will equip women with the practical skills needed to create sustainable businesses and enterprises. Through an inclusive learning community, women from Papua New Guinea, and Solomon Islands will be given opportunities to explore the fundamentals of business. This include creating business plans and raising capital, with the goal of building a better future for their families and communities. The Department of State through the U.S. Embassy has partnered with Exxon Mobil PNG Limited, Coca Cola, Paradise Breweries, and Em Stret Holdings Limited.
Women participating in AWE will have access to ‘Dream Builder,’ an online course on women’s entrepreneurship developed through a partnership between Arizona State University’s Thunderbird School of Global Management and global copper mining company Freeport-McMoRan. Participants will engage in facilitated lessons on business management and network with like-minded entrepreneurs and mentors.
AWE is built around three main goals;
1. To provide online education resources,
2. Foster networks that support access to mentorships, and
3. Connect women through existing exchange programs.
• Minimum age is 18 years
• Run a business established for at least 12 months
• Grade 12 Education – HSC
• Computer literacy
Entry requirement checklist
• Higher School Certificate
• Business profile
• Recommendation Letters (x2)
• IPA Certification (if available)
• Business Bank Statement or Book Keeping records
How to apply: Please complete the online application via this link: https://form.jotform.com/awepngpas/awe-application-form-2022 by midnight, Wednesday, December 22, 2021, PNG time.
Three Simple Steps:
1. Click the link to complete this online applications
2. Upload all essential required documents
3. Submit the completed application via the jotform link
For complete program information, please visit https://eca.state.gov/awe