Application closes – January 14, 2022 11.59 p.m Eastern Time (January 15, 2022, 2:59pm PNG Time).
Community Engagement Exchange Program
The Community Engagement Exchange Program is a transformational year-long leadership development program designed to enable civil society leaders, ages 20-27 from communities in over 100 countries to harness the power of networks, relationships, and information for the public good, specifically on issues related to civic dialogue and peacebuilding, open and participatory government, women and gender, resilience and sustainable development, and youth engagement.
The Community Engagement Exchange Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government and supported in its implementation by IREX.
Applications must be submitted online at https://cee.irex.org by Friday, January 14, 2022, at 11:59 pm EST (January 15, 2022, 2:59pm PNG Time).
• Empower participants to assume greater leadership roles
• Build civil society capacity
• Strengthen participants’ ability to lead collaboratively
• Develop a global civil society eco-system
CEE PROGRAM INCLUDES
- Fully- funded hands-on three-month practicum at a civil society organization in the U.S.
- Online and face-to-face training in leadership and community engagement
- Service-learning opportunities Mentorship
- Developmental support of Fellows’ projects in their home countries
The CEE Fellow application will be open from Monday, November 15 through Friday, January 14 at 11:59 pm EST (January 15, 2022, 2:59pm PNG Time),
Competition for the CEE Program is merit-based and open to emerging civil society and community leaders who meet the criteria below. Applications that do not meet these eligibility requirements will be disqualified and will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
• You are between the ages of 21-28 at the time of application
• You are a citizen of Papua New Guinea
• You have a minimum of two years of professional or volunteer experience at the time of application
• You are living and working in your home country
Please see the IREX website for complete eligibility details
The program covers the cost of most expenses associated with:
• J-1 visa support
• Round-trip travel from participants’ home city to the U.S.
• Monthly allowance to cover housing, meals, and other living expenses while in the U.S. and
• Accident and sickness insurance
Applications that are mailed, faxed or emailed to IREX will not be accepted. Please direct any questions after reading this document to Apply.CEE@irex.org.
The CEE program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government and supported in its implementation by IREX.
For further information and application, visit: https://www.irex.org/program/community-engagement-exchange-program-application-information