Note: In order to pay your passport renewal fee online and send your application by physical mail or courier service, you must be able to answer YES to all of the following:
- I can submit my most recent U.S. passport book by mail with my renewal application.
- I was at least 16 years old when my most recent U.S. passport book was issued.
- My most recent U.S. passport book was issued less than 15 years ago.
- My most recent U.S. passport book has a validity of 10 years from issuance to expiration.
- The U.S. passport book that I am renewing has not been mutilated, damaged, lost, or stolen.
- My most recent U.S. passport book was issued in my current name (or I can document my name change by submitting marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order with my passport application.)
- I currently reside in and/or have an address in Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, or Vanuatu at which I can receive mail or courier service delivery.
If you DO NOT meet these requirements, please see Adult Passport Renewal – In-Person Appointment. You will need to pay your fee and submit the application in person.
If you DO meet these requirements, and you wish to pay your fee online and submit your application and supporting documentation by mail or courier service, please follow the steps below.
Step 1 – Prepare Application Packet
You must include all of the following items in the application packet that you send to the Embassy:
- DS-82 Passport Renewal Form. Please type or print clearly in black ink and sign and date the form.
- One 2″ x 2″ (5cm x 5cm) photograph. Click here for exact photo requirements. Photos that do not meet these requirements will not be accepted.
- Your prior passport.
- If your name has changed since your prior passport, include supporting evidence (one original and one photocopy) such as a marriage or divorce certificate or court order.
- The printed online fee payment confirmation (see Step 2).
- A pre-paid and pre-addressed return courier envelope. If you do not include a pre-paid return method, the new passport must be picked up in-person by the applicant or a designated third-party.
Step 2 – Online Fee Payment
Pay the USD $130 passport application fee online via the U.S. government’s secure payment site. After successfully paying the fee, you must print out the electronic payment confirmation and include it in your application packet.
Step 3 – Send your Application Packet
Assemble all items listed in Steps 1 & 2 and mail/courier them, or have a third-party hand-deliver them, to the U.S. Embassy in Port Moresby:
U.S. Embassy – Consular Section
Harbour City Road, Konedobu
Port Moresby, NCD
Papua New Guinea
Step 4 – Wait for and Receive New Passport
When your new passport is received at the Embassy, your new passport and your cancelled, old passport will be returned to you using the pre-paid, pre-addressed return courier envelope you included in your application packet. If you did not include a return envelope, you or a designated person may pick up your passport in-person from the Embassy. Total processing time may take 4 to 6 weeks from the time your application is received at the Embassy.